Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Holy Spirit Among the People of Samaria

The apostles sent Peter and John down to Samaria because they heard that the people had accepted the word of God. When Peter and John arrived in Samaria, they prayed that they might receive the Holy Spirit, the people had only been baptized by the name of Jesus Christ. When Peter and John placed their hands on the people, the received the Holy Spirit. I saw this miraculous power the Lord had possessed so I offered money to Peter and John to acquire this divine power to bless people with the Holy Spirit. Peter fiercely replied "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin." I answered "Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me." My conversion was not because of inner conviction of faith in Christ as the Redeemer, but because I hoped to gain even more power to increase my influence on the people.

No comments: